- provides practical advice for loading and restraining loads in vans; and
- cannot cover all situations, so you are responsible for ensuring the methods used are appropriate for the load being transported.
All damage to vehicles, loads, people, property, etc, is the responsibility of the hirer. All loads must be transported within the confines of the cargo area, i.e. no protruding items out of windows or back door.
- You must inspect the vehicle before use and report any new damage
- If any issue arises while driving, you must inform the Cityhop team
- You must follow road laws at all times while driving this vehicle
Please read our Terms & Conditions to understand your obligations
Key Loading Elements:
Max payload weight: 1000kg
Distribute the load along the van, starting from the front blocked against the cargo barrier. Maximum 60 kg for loose loads.
Don’t leave gaps or have tall stacks that can
Heavier loads need to be tied down. Use rubber or timber under the load and aim to block forwards.
Avoid gaps. Where a gap is essential, tie the
Don’t leave gaps or have tall
Thin items should be loaded
Secure items from rolling,